Thursday, April 17, 2014

Darth Vader Can Fly


Source (which happens to rhyme with "The Force!")


Yep, that is a Darth Vader hot air balloon! It took eight weeks to make and was top-sekrit until its first public appearance. According to its website, darthvaderballoon.be, this is the technical information:

"26 meters ( 86 feet) high, basket included
21 meters ( 69 feet) wide
24 meters ( 78 feet) depth
Estimated hot air volume 3.000 m³ ( 105,000 cubic feet)
Estimated weight 290 kilos ( 640 lb)
Year of making : 2007
Pilots :
             Lambert Benoit
             Lambert Michel"

It has visited many places, from Russia to New Zealand, from Germany to Australia, from Thailand to Canada. And yes, it's dropped by the U.S. and U.K. as well. Check this schedule to see if it's visiting your galaxy next: http://www.darthvaderballoon.be/?page_id=71
P.S. I probably should have dropped clever Star Wars references in there, but I couldn't because I've never seen Star Wars before. I still think the balloon is awesome, though. :)



Source

Source


Resources (other than the image sources):
http://www.darthvaderballoon.be/

No comments:

Post a Comment